Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Abby at the vet - take two
I got a call yesterday around noon time, telling me that Abby wasn't getting a dental and that she was scheduled now to get one tomorrow (aka today)
I am not happy about this because she is so incredibly high stress, and being transported back and forth just freaks her out and drives her glucose through the roof. The shelter was confused about when I was coming to pick her up (if it was anyone other than Abby I would have just left her there) and they put her in a cage, and getting her out of the cage freaked her out.. broke my heart.
Fortunately when I got her home she came right out of the carrier and jumped right back up on the couch, and that evening her glucose levels were pretty freakin good and she seemed a lot calmer than she has in a while... there is something to stressing a cat out and then bringing them back to safety. I do it with kittens all the time, but the terror you can see roll off Abby would make you not want to do it either..
Apparently she does have some pretty bad teeth so this is very necessary, but I am so not looking forward to getting her back in that carrier and putting her through this again. I am just going to hold onto the hope that by doing this we can get her regulated and even into remission which will make her much more adoptable.