Monday, June 10, 2013
Making more room for kittens
I am still not comfortable letting the little black kittens out with Odilia, Trevor and Scotty, but I felt bad that they were stuck in a cage and would be for a couple more weeks so I wanted to give them a bit more space.
So I rearranged some more.
When I originally put Scotty in the cage, he tried very hard to get into the litter box box which was right next to the cage, so I thought if I turned the cage and kept the cage door open while doing it I would be able to grant them access to a little more floor space.
It went surprisingly well. The black kittens very much wanted out of the cage so the second the door was open they were trying to get out - which made the whole thing kind of interesting. Fortunately I was able to get it all set up and it worked far better than I had hoped. It actually got the kittens to quiet down for a few minutes.
With the turned cage, and my need to block the kittens from touching one another, we had a lot more surface area to block off. My husband came up with some stuff he bought to cover a roof on a storage shed at the last house we lived in (yes, we moved five + years ago) which works beautifully.
So while not an ideal situation, it is working and it will give me a little more time.
Their stool has gone from horrid to nice looking to back to horrid (to the point of caking on tushies) and at which point I told the kittens that if it didn't clear up again soon I was going to have to return them to the shelter for someone else to take on - and poof, it was back to looking great.
We do have someone with less then ideal poop.. I am so hoping that clears up again right quick.