Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Worried about Twee
Twee has always been 'special'. From the second her litter stared eating solid food I know she was different..
And then I got confirmation of that when we brought her in to be neutered and she had a reaction to the anesthesia and died on the table. She was revived and we took her home and waited for her to recover. Several weeks later we took her in again and she had another reaction but the vet was able to get her surgery completed.
A few years ago she had a dental done at the vet who spayed her and he said she came through just fine. Sadly this is the vet I am not going to any more and Twee's teeth are so bad now that I feel that waiting to do them would harm her health in a way we probably couldn't get back. I scheduled an appointment and brought her in this morning and brought the records of her spay with me so they would know of her issues.
I got a call on the way home from the vet, suggesting that I should consider doing an echo cardiogram on her at a specialist at a cost of $800. An alternative option was to do a blood test that cost $120 that picks up on about 80% of heart issues.
I told her I would confer with my husband, and I called him and considering what we know, we have decided to just go ahead with the dental. We are running a real risk here, and we might end up regretting it but since she had her issues when she was a baby, and didn't have issues as an adult at the last dental.. we were both in agreement that we are going to take that risk.. especially since Twee really needs it.
But if you could take a moment and think good thoughts for her, we would really appreciate it.