Tuesday, March 16, 2004

and the results are in


it was just a pocket of fat.. so Emmy is A-OK.. just needs to have the stitches removed in a few days.

we are packing up the house, because we are moving in a couple of weeks.. the cats are completely enthralled with the packing process. Jack is trying to eat all the tape.. and Muffin is trying to jump in each and every box.

Friday, March 12, 2004

awaiting biopsy results


well emmy's surgery went well.. now we just need to wait to hear what the results are from the biopsy..

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Update


Well... I took Jez into work and had the doctors look her over. We discussed all the information I had, and all the information she had from the exam, and decided it would be best to spay her and take the kittens. We figured she was lactating from a previous litter and had gotten pregnant again on her next heat cycle.. which is never a good thing.. and the kittens were so underdeveloped.. so they spayed her, and the head technician told me that the kittens were dead when they were removed and chances are they had died a while ago - and she was probably in the process of reabsorbing them.

So as sad as it is, it was a good thing we did it now.. On a side note, there was a vet student working there and she proceeded to try to guilt me because I had been okay with spaying a pregnant cat after it had already been done. I was none too pleased with her and I mentioned this to the head technician. I hope someone talked to her about that.

Emmy's big day is tomorrow.. Please wish her well. The surgery will be very minor.. but sadly I'll have to wait several days for the biopsy to come back.. Hopefully it will be fat and not cancer..

(update 2016 - years later I saw the vet student, I don't remember if she was studying to be a vet or just a tech I think it was the latter, working at the local hospital. I was glad to see she wasn't working with animals any more)

Tuesday, March 9, 2004

decisions decisions


Well.. I got a call today from my friend at the shelter. She asked me how I felt about bringing Jez in to be spayed.. yes.. that would mean aborting the kittens.. My immediate thought was that it was a logical thing to do. There are so many kittens in this world, and this would give Jez a chance to get into a home sooner. Of course, then everyone proceeded to ask me if I would be okay aborting the kittens that I've taken care of for almost a month now. Well.. I haven't been taking care of the kittens, just Jezzy.. but of course the more they asked me how okay I was with it, the more emotional I got..

so as things stand, I'm going to bring her in.. but I still have the ability to change my mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

as for the lump on Emmy's leg.. they checked it out and found cells they didn't like, so they are going to take it off. They couldn't do it on Monday.. so we are going to do it Thursday..

Saturday, March 6, 2004

and the saga continues


I brought Jez in today for an x-ray.. the skeletons are very small and not well formed, so it will be a while before she gives birth.

and I was just cuddling with Emmy.. and I found a lump on her leg. They are going to get so sick of me bringing in my pets.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...