Sunday, January 29, 2006

Okay, now I'm worried about Em

Yesterday I weighed Emmy and she was 13lbs 14 oz. I thought it was good that she wasn't losing weight, so I offered her an afternoon snack of some fancy feast. She was very excited when I opened up the can, and had four or five good bites, then gave up. I thought it was cause the kitties at the door wanting to get in was distracting her, so I went out to shoo them away. I left her in there to eat for a bit, and then let her out without checking to see how much she had eaten. Several hours later I gave her her pills. I don't think I've ever given them to her while she was laying down before, but it was nice and easy and off I went. Well her dinner time was delayed several hours after that. I like to have her eat soon after being pilled to help the pills into her stomach.

So at their dinner time, she didn't want to get up off the bed. She didn't want treats.. I had found a pile of vomit next to the bed. She felt warm to me, but that was hysteria apparently cause her temp was normal. She finally got annoyed with me poking her and went into the kitchen. I offered her some more treats, which she seemed interested in eating, but didn't. I had the hubby go about the evening routine, and feed everyone, but she wasn't interested. We kept her in the bedroom overnight. In the morning we fed her in the bedroom, and she had a few bites. She and I napped a bit and later on she ate some more. She eventually ate the entire portion. I got her a little more but didn't force it on her. She didn't seem to want to eat it. I remembered I had to go feed the kittens, so I tried to leave but she wouldn't let me. I led her to the food, she sniffed it but didn't bite. I put her on the bed with the hubby so she wouldn't be alone - one of the first times we've actually picked her up since this started - and she proceeded to vomit on the bed. She then went and had a few more bites of food.

The first vomit and upset tummy type behaviour I can attribute to the pilling while she was laying down and then the delay in food. The second .. that's about 15 hours later.. I am concerned about that.

I was hoping to get a few more weeks before having to go to the vet.. but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Hopefully, dr. b will be working on Monday.. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...